Hot summer means sweat, scorching heat and sunburn!
What if I say it’s a boon for us? Here are the reasons for this.
You sweat more: Hot summer brings inevitable sweating. It is a good chance to detoxify your body. Detoxing body means a clear skin, free from infection and acne causing bacteria. People who tend to drink less water in winter will take it up in the summer.
Easier to wake up in morning: lack of sunlight in winter season makes it difficult to wake up in winter. Light morning in the summer means that we can begin to wake up earlier. This enhances the productive hours of working.
Source of Vitamin D: Very few foods in nature contain vitamin D. When the sun’s UV-B rays hit the skin, a reaction takes place that enables skin cells to manufacture vitamin D. If you’re fair skinned, experts say going outside for 10 minutes in the sun—in shorts and a tank top with no sunscreen—will give you enough radiation to produce about 10,000 international units of the vitamin. Dark-skinned individuals and the elderly also produce less vitamin D, and many folks don’t get enough of the nutrient from dietary sources like fatty fish and fortified milk. Sunlight is very much essential and it refrain human body from many diseases.
Summer happy time: Summer is a perfect time for outings and fun. We feel more active and happier. Sunlight boosts level of energy the feel-good hormone serotonin, while suppressing melatonin which makes you sleepy. Furthermore, people tend to be more social in the summer – hosting marriage parties, going to pool parties and camp outings. All that social interaction boosts your mood. It is a great time for kids as they can do lot of activities in their summer vacation. Summer vacations truly disconnect you from your work and you feel energized by the time you return to work. Connecting with nature helps you to find peace– and you’re far more likely to head outside when it’s nice out.
Less food craving: Again it is very important that as compared to winter season, summer makes you crave something light, cold and refreshing foods. Summer brings about desire to eat seasonal things like watermelon, musk melon, and cucumber which is a healthy option for body and skin. We tend to avoid fatty foods in this season thus helps to maintain the body weight.
More physical activity: In winter season you make hard efforts to sweat out by working in indoor gym. Summer offers variety of activities in different forms of workout from cycling outdoor to swimming. It is best time for the new learners for swimming. It is not only a great way to cool off but it also helps you to burn calories and lose weight. The repetitive motions and increased resistance from swimming that comes naturally from the water help to build muscles. Additionally, swimmers can heal injured muscles faster and they develop good muscle stamina.
Beach and sea visits in summer: Sand and water makes a different environment in summer. Sinking feet in warm sands relieves stressed legs. Walking barefoot on beach stimulates different pressure points on your feet, so you basically get a free reflexology massage. Potential benefits include a better immune system and digestion. Many people also believe that literally touching the earth ‘grounds’ us and helps get rid of all the unhealthy electromagnetic charges we build up by interacting with technology.
I am a student of 4th standard and attend 4 hours school every day. I do not attend coaching class, not because I am brilliant to other students of my age. As per my opinion if a student really want to learn things he need to pay attention to his studies within the school hours. Friends I am a student just like you. I understand that the subjects like Math tuition class is needed for higher grades but that depends on the difficulty level. We come back from school and are tired from all coursework. We already have to do homework by class teacher. Attending tuition after school is harms a student’s personal space.
Let me explore some ideas that will help you to enhance your school subjects and you will have less or NO dependency on coaching classes.
- Pay attention in school while teacher is teaching
- Do not shy away to ask the stupidest question and clear all your doubts
- If still a doubt prevails in your mind take help of your parents and take the help of internet
- Discipline is must: Prepare your to do list for better preparation of studies
- Do not mug up
- Take time for games and sports activities
Paying attention to school: While attending classes make sure that you had enough sleep of 8-9 hours to get a fresh mind. A poor sleep will lead to less concentration and makes creates the class environment as a burden to stay in. Sleep early so that you can start your day on time without compromising your sleep. Do not pay attention to the other students who might distract your attention in the class. Please keep in mind that our parents are paying hefty amount as school fees to provide us a better education and future. It is our sole responsibility to attend what is taught.
Do not shy to ask questions: If you feel discomfort to express your views or questions in front of entire class, speak to your teacher in free time. Teachers definitely understand and support the students who take initiative to learn things. Take participation in extracurricular activities, this will enhance your communication skills not only to interact with your teachers but will also help you to communicate in society.
Take help of your parents: While completing your home work if you strike to a difficult question and unable to understand it, take help of your parents. Parents will guide you better. Sometimes external help of internet is a best solution to find an answer to know the complete logic behind a project or activity.
Discipline: Discipline is must to be successful to each and every person in this world to be successful. For maintaining discipline prepare to do list for your studies that includes your other activities and time allotment. You can take help of your parents to prepare it.
Do not mug up: For many of the students mugging up might be a right option just a day before examination. For your short term goal i.e. examination it is a good idea but in long run you will not be able to sustain with such knowledge. It is necessary to understand the subject, concept and its importance. For the complicated subjects like science it is better to create a flow chart or a diagrammatic representation. Refer to other information which is available from internet related to the subject. If you practice these things you will not be required to mug up things anymore. Remember god has given equal capacity to all of us for learning; it is our attitude that decides our fate.
Take time for games and sports activities: Sports are necessary for mental well being and physical fitness. Entertainment with video games and television makes us lazy and inactive. Sports improve discipline, responsibility, accountability, sacrifice and self confidence.
Our parents are paying hefty amount to the schools to create better career for us. Tuition is not mandatory and it is rather kills’ our precious time and energy. As a child we have right to play and engage in other entertaining activities.
Hope these things will work for you. If you have any new ideas or any suggestion please leave a comment.
What are the things that Indian Government officers do when you don’t give them the bribe that they ask for?
Paying bribe is necessary while taking public service such as schools, hospitals, documents (e.g.passport, ration card), police and utility services.
According to a research of Forbes Inida’s bribary rate is 69%. India is leading in Asia’s most corrupt countries. In 2014 when Prime Minister Narendra Modi won the election lot of Indian citizens who voted for him expected him to make a change against corruption. But with a huge disappointment nothing changed most.
People paid bribes despite following 100% law compliance to excise, sales tax, factory and many other inspectors every month. Even if all the records are maintained brilliantly the officers will threatened you for scrutiny on some fake allegations. What if you don’t pay? If you don’t pay them you will be slapped with senseless notices that will waste your precious time to handle them.
If at any point of time you need to enter a government office every single person from watchman to clerk takes bribes. It’s true! Even if you want to take your own money as a refund you need to bribe them. You will observe all lazy, sleepy and shameless people sitting on chairs who are in no mood to work unless you put some weight on their table. If you need to get your work done but due to fear of getting caught the officers not openly asking you for a bribe then you can catch agents or brokers who will get your work done for you. These agents have tie up with the officers.
What happens if you don’t bribe?
They will not pass your file for further processing.
If you are powerful then you will not face hurdles but if you are a common man you will have to bear hefty hard earned money.
Trying to raise your voice on social media? Wait! There is a good chance that you may get arrested under the influence of some political party.
To sum up if you want to get your work done, you need to pay despite whatever the so called Jan Kalyan policy says.
And if you have grudges against this, keep it to yourself because there is NO ONE to listen.
So just live your life peacefully and be happy with the surrounding otherwise you will not be able to focus on your core business.
What happens in government offices in India?
- I am not free come tomorrow.
- Your file got rejected for XYZ reasons, we are trying to get it done but we cannot assure.
- Keep the papers and come next month.
- Get the same copies attested.
Can we stop this ever?
Well I really wish there should be less human intervention in law/rules. All the applications and their status should be made available to the public regarding their status and the timeline implied to complete it. The one I like about EPF system that it made available to the public is a very good initiative.
I think a basic and advance course should be introduced and taught to the children on what to do if a government official asking for a bribe or harassing for not moving your file. Isn’t it? The next generation is going to face it better educate them.
A message to government servants (Servants? God knows why we call them public servants:) )
Yes, sarkari babus we understand that you are hungry for making money and you are certainly not happy with all the perks that you are enjoying in your Sarkari Naukri. You already own a property, has invested some more for your ages to come but still…still it is not enough for you, huh! The salary that you receive is already paid from our own pockets in the form of taxes. Still you appetite never dies. Sad.
I feel very much disappointed when I see the way polythene bags are scattered everywhere. Since plastic bags have invaded our lives, almost all garbage and food waste is disposed in plastic bags. These bags spill out either on the road or from municipality dustbins. Large numbers of cows, stray dogs on the roads eat from garbage bins, foraging for fruit, vegetable leftovers, anything edible and anything smelling like food. Since the plastic bags are knotted at the mouth, cows are unable to undo the knot, eat food leftovers including the plastic. Slowly, over time, they build up a huge amount of plastic inside their stomachs. It gets entangled with different materials and it becomes hard like cement inside their rumens, which is the first belly of the cow.
I think in last 15-20 years many laws have been introduced to curb the usage of plastic but we do not see significant improvement. Isn’t that true? Maharashtra is 18th state who has imposed ban on usage of plastic and thermocol.
“The government will be implementing the ban from the date of issues of notification, but has given traders, manufacturers and even consumers a time period of one month to dispose of the banned items in their possession,” according to a government note. The government intends to ban certain plastic sheets, flexes, banners and flags as well as disposable material made up of plastic and thermocol such as plates, cups, glasses, forks, bowls and spoons. In the order, it has directed all local authorities — municipal corporations, municipal councils, district collectors and chief executive officers of zilla parishads — to ensure strict implementation of the proposed ban by taking an undertaking while renewing licenses of the retailers/shopkeepers that they will not sell the banned items, once the ban comes into force. Some people are supporting and some are protesting. As per the people who are protesting, there is no alternate made available to the people as an alternative for plastic and things are not planned before executing the ban and also raised a question about the thousands of people who are employed in this business.
Q .What made it necessary to make ban on plastic and thermocol?
Answer: Plastic and thermocol is the main reason for water clogging causing flood conditions during the rainy season in Mumbai. Plastic takes 500 years and thermocol needs 800 years to biodegrade. Some plastic are non-biodegradable. Both are harmful for health as well as environment. Maharashtra contributes 1800 tons of plastic and thermocol waste every day. All small and big cities have these piles of garbage. The developed countries have placed ban on plastic.
- What about the people who are employed in this business?
Answer: Maharashtra contributes only around 20% of total plastic and thermocol production. Around 450 plastic production units exists and these units do produce other goods made of plastic which are not banned hence there is no chance of unemployment.
- What is alternative to plastic?
Answer: Alternative to plastic is paper and cloth bags.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 549.00Was: INR 999.00
Price: INR 339.00Was: INR 399.00
Price: Out of stock
Price: INR 339.00Was: INR 399.00
I remember my childhood days when all people use to carry a cloth bag while going out for purchasing groceries. Ladies also carried plastic baskets for shopping. Nobody ever felt the necessity to use plastic for convenience. I ever wonder since when it became out of fashion to use cloth bags for shopping. Plastic trend has ruined our planet so much that our convenience has turned a big threat for all of us.
We already saw a failure in ban of Gutkha, Pan-Masala, and Tobacco. I hope that things will change and wish that anti plastic rule should be implemented strictly all over India. I make affirmation from today that I will carry a cloth bag whenever I will move out of home. Why not to make a start from self? Why we should wait for a law to be implemented? I think we all have heroic qualities within us. Be who you are. Everyone is a hero and everyone is a star. Say no to plastic and educate whoever using it.
Please leave us a comment about your opinion.
Source of information: Navbharat Times
What is SKIN Aging
Dark spots (pigmentation), sagging skin, dull skin, fine lines, wrinkles, dry patchy skin and open pores are the signs of skin aging.
Wrinkles are natural as per aging of skin. Noticeable loss of a glowing skin, dark circles, fine lines, dry and less elastic skin are the signs of premature aging. Natural aging of the skin is not under control but apart from natural there are several other reasons for skin aging which we can definitely control.
Many women agree that the best compliment is when people can’t guess their age. why not? Who wants to look older than the actual age? So we need to avoid those factors responsible for premature aging.
Sun: Sun damages your skin. Sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays damages the fibers in the skin called elastin. When these fibers break down, the skin begins to sag, stretch, and lose its ability to go back into place after stretching.
Smoking: You already know that it is bad to smoke.If you smoke stop smoking as it is not only bad your heart, lungs and brain but also ruins your appearance. Smoking speeds up aging and causes wrinkles and dull skin. Smoking hampers the blood supply that keeps skin tissue looking supple and healthy.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 550.00Was: INR 600.00
Price: INR 350.00Was: INR 690.00
Alcohol: Alcohol dehydrates skin hence it contributes in speeding up aging process. Dehydration leaves skin dry and lack luster.
White Sugar: Processed sugar speeds up the aging process by weakening the collagen in your skin. Studies indicate that a diet containing lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates can accelerate aging.
- Moisturizer & sunscreen: Apply moisturizer every day. Moisturizer traps water in our skin and thus helps skin to maintain its youthful appearance. Invest in a good sunscreen for sun damage. Sunscreen protects against wrinkles and skin cancer. It also repairs damaged skin. So protect your skin from sun every day. Wear sunscreen with Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15. Cover all areas that are vulnerable to sun with cloth.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 1,033.00Was: INR 1,123.00
Price: INR 175.00
- Skincare products: Choose skincare products wisely: if you feel a burning sensation after applying a product, it means your skin is irritated. Skin irritations make you look older. Select the product with sunscreen.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: Out of stock
Generic color 1 Ivory : Soy Milk Natural Color Pressed Powder Smooth Loose Face Powder Sunscreen Face Silty Light Delicate powder Beauty Makeup CosmeticPrice: INR 1,241.00Was: INR 1,762.00
- Face wash: Invest in a good face wash which is gentle and alcohol free. Cleaning face twice a day with a gentle face wash removes the pollution, dir, make up without irritating the skin.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 155.00Was: INR 170.00
Price: INR 385.00Was: INR 514.00
Price: INR 740.00Was: INR 983.00
Price: INR 349.00Was: INR 399.00
- Take antioxidants: Eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables may help prevent damage that leads to premature skin aging.
- Wear sunglasses: Squinting in sunlight causes small muscle contractions. Wear sunglasses or to avoid squinting from sun.
- Get enough sleep: Getting enough sleep of 7-8 hours will reduce the stress and increases brain function.
- Drink water: Drink plenty water throughout the day. Inadequate water results in dehydration resulting into fine lines.
- Exercise and strength training: Just spend 15-20 minutes per day for yourself on exercising. It does really help to make you active person and slows down aging process.
- Choose food wisely: Make sure to take healthy diet full of multi vitamins. Avoid junk food.
- Massage face: Tone and massage face with essential oils preventing wrinkles around eyes and face. Select the oils based on your skin type.
Black Pepper for Skin Aging: The antioxidants in black pepper fight free radicals that cause signs of aging and harm your skin in more than one way. Black pepper fights the signs of premature aging – including wrinkles, fine lines, and even dark spots.
Face Mask: Include black pepper in your daily diet to see its skin-enhancing effects. Or just combine a teaspoon of black pepper powder with equal amounts of honey or turmeric. Add water for a smoother consistency. Apply the mask to your face twice a day.
Products from Amazon.in
A gorgeous and youthful skin is a boon and It is utmost important to take care of your skin by natural ways.
Hairs are turning grey or white is a common problem that we see nowadays. Normal age of the graying starts around 50 years of age. If it starts before this age, it’s really a cause of concern. I have observed grey hair also among some toddlers. There are some health reasons behind cause of grey hairs.
How hair gets it’s natural color?
Before proceeding further first we will know how hair gets their natural color. Hair gets it’s natural color from a type of pigment called melanin. Hair has only two type of pigments: dark(eumelanin) and light (phaeomelanin). Together they form a color of hairs. If eumelanin is more it results into dark shade of hair color and more phaeomelanin causes lighter shades of hair color. The formation of melanin begins before the birth. Melanin is made up of specialized pigment cells called melanocytes. They position themselves at the openings on the skin’s surface through which hair grows (follicles). Each hair grows from a single follicle.
What causes graying?
Graying is a common thing however; it may sound weird that sun darkens your skin and bleaches your hair. If your hair has prolonged exposure to the sun, UVA and UVB rays can damage the outside cover of the hair strand, called the cuticle. Signs of sun damage to your hair include discoloration, dry and brittle strands, broken or split ends, thinning and frizziness. Damaged hair has a dry look and feel. Keratin is the protein that makes our hair, skin, and nails. Throughout the years, melanocyctes continue to inject pigment into the hair’s keratin, giving it a colorful hue. With age comes a reduction of melanin. The hair turns gray and eventually white. Stress may also play a role in graying of hairs. Sometimes people are born with gray hair because they inherit the trait.
Coloring hair! Good or bad?
Be realistic! Coloring hair always gets a little damage to your hair. Both permanent and semi-permanent dyes contain hydrogen peroxide, which chemically changes the color of the hair pigment. A moisturizing hair mask must be applied once in a week in order to moisturize dry hair and retain its shine.
Types of hair color
Permanent color: If you’re looking to stick something out long term, permanent hair dye is probably the right option for you. This dye requires more complex chemical processing and should penetrate your hair across the cortex. This means your color can last for weeks without visible signs of fading. Permanent hair color can be used to:
- Help lighten, darken, or tone your hair
• Help provide high coverage of gray hair
• Help prevent fading
• Help provide high coverage
Despite its long-lasting benefits, permanent hair color will eventually have to be reapplied due new growth. Depending on your base color and what you’d like to achieve, you may have to gradually color your hair to achieve your desired look. While it would be great to go from dark to platinum in one sitting, slow and steady usually wins the hair color race.
Temporary color: Shades of gray and pastels have been lighting up social media feeds recently. These on-trend colors make for a pretty picture, but not everyone is ready to keep such a bold look for the long term. This is where temporary hair color comes into play.
Temporary hair dye coats the outside of the hair shaft. Within a few shampoos, the vibrant, new color will fade and the original shade can show again. This allows the wearer to experience a new hair shade without the long-term commitment.
However, you should know that damaged hair that’s dyed with temporary hair color could look stained after a while.
Coloring vs. Henna application.
If you do not want to use any chemicals on your hair consider henna for dying your hair. Real henna will provide only shades of red, burgundy brown and like colors. Henna is good for your hair. However, stay away from some products called as black henna that promise to turn your hair black (except indigo based products).
Henna restores the acid-alkaline balance of the scalp without affecting the natural balance of your hair. Steep henna for two hours in amla-brewed water and apply onhair including scalp to get the best results. Henna is a very good conditioner for your hair.
Can we reverse hair to its natural color?
There are various forms of information provided on the interenet, however we believe that to treat any ailment we should focus on diet.
As natural colors like henna also requires repeated action, we have tried to find natural remedies to boost the production of melanin which is the root cause of graying.
- Sesame oil: Regularly massage scalp with sesame oil, it helps to restore hair natural color. You can do this massage at night. Let the oil stay on the scalp for the entire night and give hair wash next day. This will not only helps it reversing graying but also helps in moisturizing hair.
- Consume Vitamin-Rich Foods: In order to prevent and delay the graying process of hair, make sure to get sufficient amounts of vitamins B and E daily. Cashew nuts, almonds, walnuts, fresh fruits, and vegetables are all good sources for these vitamins. Also decrease your sodium intake, because sodium speeds up the appearance of grey hair.
- Drink Lots of Water: A lot of toxins get deposited in the body when the endocrine system malfunctions. This leads to many health problems, including premature aging and grey hair. Drink up to 10-12 glasses of water daily to flush out these harmful toxins.
- Avoid Junk Food: Hair can become grey due to malnutrition and overconsumption of fast food or junk food. Instead, eat natural foods that are high in iron, calcium, vitamin B, and vitamin C. Options include fresh fruits, lemon juice, vegetable soups, etc.
- Juice of Indian Gooseberry: Daily drink 3-4 teaspoonful of inidan gooseberry juice mixed with water in the morning. This juice not only improves natural hair color but also beneficial in longevity and sharp eyesight.
Obesity is a common problem that we found in any age group of people these days. Before starting your weight loss regime, it is important to understand that we need to set realistic goals to lose our weight. Expecting smaller time of 10 days or 15 days is too short time to achieve a dramatic weight loss.
There is a lot of discussion you will get about weight loss on the internet. There are numerous fad diets that promise rapid weight loss within a short span of time. But they are often accompanied by several health risks.
Let’s discuss here the true formula that works as per your body science.
There are several natural methods that have actually been proven to work for losing weight naturally.
Simple tips to reduce weight naturally.
Drink plenty of water:
Water is particularly good for weight loss when it replaces other beverages that are high in calories and sugar. There is actually truth to the claim that drinking water can help with weight loss.
Drinking enough water is really important for your health. Insufficient water intake could actually be impacting how much you weigh.
Sometimes, thirst can be misinterpreted as hunger pangs by your brain. So, to gauze whether you are really hungry or not, try drinking a glass of water before eating anything.
Drinking water before meals may also lead to reduced calorie intake, especially for middle-aged and older people.
- Take right food: Your body burns calories when digesting and metabolizing the protein you eat, so a high-protein diet can boost metabolism per day. One of the best things you can do to become healthier is to base your diet on whole, single-ingredient foods.
Dieting is one of those things that almost always fail in the long term. In fact, people who “diet” tends to gain more weight over time. Instead of focusing only on losing weight, make it a primary goal to nourish your body with healthy food and nutrients.
By doing this, you eliminate the vast majority of added sugar, added fat and processed food.
- Whole grains: Most whole foods are naturally very filling, making it a lot easier to keep within healthy calorie limits.
Furthermore, eating whole foods also provides your body with the many essential nutrients that it needs to function properly.
It is advisable to go for a healthy weight loss regime. Consume multigrain bread and wheat pasta instead of white ones.
- Include more Fiber: Include leafy green vegetables like spinach, broccoli, and lettuce, cabbage etc. High fiber fruits like apples, bananas, pears and oranges. Fruits and vegetables are extremely healthy, weight-loss-friendly foods.
In addition to being high in water, nutrients and fiber, they usually have very low energy density. This makes it possible to eat large servings without consuming too many calories. Fiber-rich foods may help with weight loss.
Foods that contain water-soluble fiber may be especially helpful, since this type of fiber can help increase the feeling of fullness.
Fiber may delay stomach emptying, make the stomach expand and promote the release of satiety hormones.
Ultimately, this makes us eat less naturally, without having to think about it.
Furthermore, many types of fiber can feed the friendly gut bacteria. Healthy gut bacteria have been linked with a reduced risk of obesity. Just make sure to increase your fiber intake gradually to avoid abdominal discomfort, such as bloating, cramps and diarrhea.
- Low fat dairy products and milk substitutes like soy milk or rice milk.
As far as possible, avoid consuming carbs that are white except after a work-out as they can cause weight gain. Such foods include rice, bread, cereal, potatoes, pasta and fried food. This is another simple tip on how to lose weight in 1 month you need to include. Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
- Add Eggs to Your Diet
Eggs are the ultimate weight loss food. They are cheap, low in calories, high in protein and loaded with all sorts of nutrients.
High-protein foods have been shown to reduce appetite and increase fullness, compared to foods that contain less protein.
Furthermore, eating eggs for breakfast may cause up to 65% greater weight loss over 8 weeks, compared to eating bagels for breakfast. It may also help you eat fewer calories throughout the rest of the day.
- Use Whey Protein
Most people get enough protein from diet alone. However, for those who don’t, taking a whey protein supplement is an effective way to boost protein intake.
One study shows that replacing part of your calories with whey protein can cause significant weight loss, while also increasing lean muscle mass.
Just make sure to read the ingredients list, because some varieties are loaded with added sugar and other unhealthy additives.
- Be careful while eating
Be aware to make conscious food choices and develop awareness of your hunger and satiety cues. It then helps you eat healthy in response to those cues.
Mindful eating has been shown to have significant effects on weight, eating behavior and stress in obese individuals. It is especially helpful against binge eating and emotional eating.
By making conscious food choices, increasing your awareness and listening to your body, weight loss should follow naturally and easily
- Limit Your Intake of Refined Carbs
Refined carbs are carbs that have had most of their beneficial nutrients and fiber removed.
The refining process leaves nothing but easily .digested carbs, which can increase the risk of overeating and disease.
The main dietary sources of refined carbs are white flour, white bread, white rice, sodas, pastries, snacks, sweets, pasta, breakfast cereals and added sugar.
- Stock Up on Healthy Foods and Snacks: Studies have shown that the food you keep at home greatly affects weight and eating behavior By always having healthy food available, you reduce the chances of you or other family members eating unhealthy.There are also many healthy and natural snacks that are easy to prepare and take with you on the go.These include yogurt, whole fruit, nuts, carrots and hard-boiled eggs.
- Take meals in smaller proportions: You can eat smaller portions on your plate and replace high calorie foods like sweets and fries with fresh fruits, vegetables and salads. Incorporate a diet rich in whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins to naturally cut down on calories. Avoid sugary drinks and sodas to further trim your caloric intake. However, do not go below 1200 calories in a day as this will cause a drastic drop in your energy as well as nutritional deficiencies. In fact, most of them indulge in dieting even to the point of starvation and end up depriving their bodies of vital nutrients. It is the combination of these two factors that helps you to achieve your ideal weight.
Smaller plates: Some studies have shown that using smaller plates helps you eat less, because it changes how you see portion sizes. People seem to fill their plates the same, regardless of plate size, so they end up putting more food on larger plates than smaller ones.
Using smaller plates reduces how much food you eat, while giving you the perception of having eaten more.
v Eat More Slowly
If you eat too fast, you may eat way too many calories before your body even realizes that you are full.
Faster eaters are much more likely to become obese, compared to those who eat more slowly.
Chewing more slowly may help you eat fewer calories and increase the production of hormones that are linked to weight loss.
Numerous studies have shown that people who eat more fruits and vegetables tend to weigh less.
- Exercise: Even if you don’t end up working out a lot, a little exercise is better than no exercise. Regular exercise helps burn calories and boosts your metabolism. It also helps in maintaining your muscle mass, and since muscles need more calories than fat, you end up burning a substantial amount of calories every day.
- Doing cardio — whether it is jogging, running, cycling, power walking or hiking — is a great way to burn calories and improve both mental and physical health. Cardio has been shown to improve many risk factors for heart disease. It can also help reduce body weight. Cardio seems to be particularly effective at reducing the dangerous belly fat that builds up around your organs and causes metabolic disease.
- Resistance Exercises Loss of muscle mass is a common side effect of dieting. If you lose a lot of muscle, your body will start burning fewer calories than before. By lifting weights regularly, you’ll be able to prevent this loss in muscle mass .As an added benefit, you’ll also look and feel much better.
- Walking: When we talk about exercise, it does not mean that you have to indulge in intensive workouts at the gym. Even a brisk walk is a good exercise that can help you lose 10 pounds in one month. On an average, a person weighing 150 pounds can lose around 600 calories with an hour of walking. Hence, to achieve your target weight loss of 2 pounds per week, you need to walk for 2 hours each day. The best part is you can break up your exercise into smaller sections if you cannot devote 2 hours at a stretch. You can perform a 120 minute chunk exercise by splitting it into 30 minutes blocks.
Intermittent fasting is an eating pattern that cycles between periods of fasting and eating.
There are a few different ways to do intermittent fasting, including the 5:2 diet, the 16:8 method and the eat-stop-eat method.
Generally, these methods make you eat fewer calories overall, without having to consciously restrict calories during the eating periods. This should lead to weight loss, as well as numerous other health benefits.
Try a Low-Carb Diet. Many studies have shown that low-carb diets are very effective for weight loss.
Limiting carbs and eating more fat and protein reduces your appetite and helps you eat fewer calories.
This can result in weight loss that is up to 3 times greater than that from a standard low-fat diet.
A low-carb diet can also improve many risk factors for disease.
v Get Enough Sleep
Getting enough sleep is incredibly important for weight loss, as well as to prevent future weight gain.
Studies have shown that sleep-deprived people are up to 55% more likely to become obese, compared to those who get enough sleep. This number is even higher for children.
This is partly because sleep deprivation disrupts the daily fluctuations in appetite hormones, leading to poor appetite regulation.
v Brush Your Teeth after Meals
Many people brush or floss their teeth after eating, it is not only helpful in keeping your teeth healthy but also may help limit the desire to snack or eat between meals.
This is because many people do not feel like eating after brushing their teeth. Plus, it can make food taste bad.
Therefore, if you brush or use mouthwash after eating, you may be less tempted to grab an unnecessary snack.
Causes of Obesity
- Food Addiction: Food addiction involves overpowering cravings and changes in your brain chemistry that make it harder to resist eating certain foods.
This is a major cause of overeating for many people, and affects a significant percentage of the population. In fact, a recent 2014 study found that almost 20% of people fulfilled the criteria for food addiction.
Some foods are much more likely to cause symptoms of addiction than others. This includes highly processed junk foods that are high in sugar, fat or both.
The best way to beat food addiction is to seek help.
- Liquid calories: Minimizing your intake of added sugar is a great way to improve your diet. Liquid calories come from beverages like sugary soft drinks, fruit juices, chocolate milk and energy drinks.These drinks are bad for health in several ways, including an increased risk of obesity. One study showed a drastic 60% increase in the risk of obesity among children, for each daily serving of a sugar-sweetened beverage.It’s also important to note that your brain does not register liquid calories the same way it does solid calories, so you end up adding these calories on top of everything else that you eat. Intake of Added Sugar: Eating a lot of added sugar is linked with some of the world’s leading diseases, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes and cancer. Added sugar is usually hidden in various processed foods, so you may be consuming a lot of sugar without even realizing it. .Since sugar goes by many names in ingredient lists, it can be very difficult to figure out how much sugar a product actually contains.
Drink (Unsweetened) Coffee: People are now aware that coffee is a healthy beverage that is loaded with antioxidants and other beneficial compounds.Coffee drinking may support weight loss by increasing energy levels and the amount of calories you burn. Caffeinated coffee may boost your metabolism by 3–11% and reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes by a whopping 23–50%. Furthermore, black coffee is very weight loss friendly, since it can make you feel full but contains almost no calories. Its exceptional ability to absorb water is believed to be what makes it so effective for weight loss. One capsule is able to turn an entire glass of water into gel.
Drink (Unsweetened) Green Tea: Green tea is a natural beverage that is loaded with antioxidants. Drinking green tea is linked with many benefits, such a increased fat burning and weight loss. Green tea may increase energy expenditure by 4% and increase selective fat burning by up to 17%, especially harmful belly fat.
- Processed foods: Make careful choices about what you’re eating. It is very helpful when trying to lose weight. There are several effective ways to do this, including counting calories, keeping a food diary or taking pictures of what you eat. Nowadays there are various mobile apps or another electronic tool which are even more beneficial than writing in a food diary. Avoid Unhealthy and Processed Foods:
You can indulge once in a while but if you want to lose a significant amount of weight in a month, it is advisable to stay away from the following unhealthy food items given below:
Sodas, Potato chips, Candies, White pasta, rice and bread, foods having processed sugar or high fructose corn syrup, energy drinks and creamy or sugary coffee
Focus on Changing Your Lifestyle
Food provides nutrition and happiness, so eat healthy — not just to lose weight.
Losing weight is a simple challenge, if some small efforts are repeated, you will thank yourself.
To say the least, weight loss cannot be achieved overnight. It is a gradual process that requires effort and dedication on your part. Most of us have this misconception that by dieting rigorously, we can achieve weight loss. But the fact is, weight loss depends upon a healthy lifestyle that incorporates a balanced diet and regular exercise.
A clean and beautiful face! What does it require?
A clean complexion is an essential part of our life. For a healthy skin, skin care routine is necessary so follow.
Treating acne requires patience and perseverance. If you focus on good skin care, you really don’t need a makeup.
Causes of acne:
- Hormonal change: When sebaceous glands attached to the hair folicies are stimulated at the time of puberty or due to hormonal changes, it enlarges and forms a cyst.
- Hereditary: If one of your parents had severe pimples, it is likely that your pimples are a cause of hereditary issue.
- Cosmetics: Some cosmetics are pore clogging (comedogenic). It is important to know the ingredients before you buy your skin care and make up products. Below is a list of common comedogenic ingredients that we found in cosmetics. Use only products which are oil-free and non comedogenic.
Comedogenic ingredients: Lauric acid, Octyl palmitate, xylene, Olive oil, coconut oil, Cocoa butter, Myristyl lactate, Oleic acid, Stearyl heptanoate, Steareth -10, Laureth -4 , Linoleic acid, Isostearic acid, Isopropyl palmitate, Isopropyl myristate, Ispropyl linolate, Isocetyl alchohol, Ethylhexyl pamitate, Oleth -3, Coal tar, Cetyl acetate, Linseed oil, Acetylated lanolin alchohol, butyl stearate, Cetearyl alchohol and ceteareth-20, Glyceryl-3 diisosterate.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 245.00Was: INR 327.00
You should never
- Pick and touch your face
- Sun causes damage to your skin. Do not expose your skin to the sun without protection
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 330.00Was: INR 440.00
Price: INR 385.00Was: INR 514.00
- Stress out
- Consume excess sugar daily, salt, alcohol and caffeine
- Forget to exfoliate (Do not over exfoliate as you can damage your skin barrier). Exfoliate only once in a week.
Things you must know in your skin care routine.
- Wash your face that contains Benzoyl Peroxide or salicylic acid
- Use moisturizer that is oil-free.
- Try a chemical peel: For deep cleansing you can try chemical peels such as glycolic or salycilic acid peels. Please consult a dermatologist.
- Hormonal treatment: In case of irregular periods and excessive hairs, it is advisable to have a hormonal test. Please consult a dermatologist.
- Apply only non comedogenic make up
- Drink enough water daily.
- Always wash your face with warm water than hot water.
- Always wash your face before going to bed.
Things that works best for treating acne and pimples:
- Teat tree oil: Skin care products with tea tree oil helps you to achieve acne free skin
- Apple cider vinegar: Mix three parts of vinegar to four parts of water to make do it yourself toner
- Lemon Juice: The citric acid in lemon helps control oil and maintain PH balance of your skin
- Honey: Using honey as a face pack twice a week will give you pimple free skin.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is a excellent exfoliator for your skin. Mix it with water to form a paste and then apply on your face. Let it dry and then wash off with water.
- Tomatoes: Tomato has acidic properties, it helps to tighten and lighten your skin.
- Papaya: Papaya helps to clear pimples and also helps in vanishing scars as a result to acne and pimples.
- Turmeric: It has anti bacterial properties. Regular use of turmeric enhances skin glow.
- Cucumber: Cucumber has cooling effect and help to clear acne and blemishes.
Some information about the chemical peels is as below:
Glycolic Acid: Exfoliates skin, reduces fine lines, hyperpigmentation, dark spots and uneven skin tone.
Salicylic acid: Exfoliates skin, clears pores, treats breakout, build elastin and collagen. Suitable for combination, oily or acne prone skin.
Hyaluronic Acid: Hydrates and plumps skin by providing moisture. Good for dry skin which needs oil free application.
Ascorbic Acid: Pure vitamin C, anti inflammatory, prevents UV damage, stimulates collagen, brightens skin tone. Suitable for all skin type.
Ferulic Acid: enhances retinols, promotes healthy skin, and prevents sun damage. Suitable for all skin type.
Citric Acid: AHA speeds up cell renewal and balances skin pH.
Lactic Acid: AHA exfoliates, speed up cell turnover. Suitable for all skin type particularly for those who have acne scarring.
Take time for yourself. Keep in mind that to get an effect of a drug or regimen will not be an overnight task. Skin that you are trying to correct may have taken several years to develop. So please maintain patience, do not give up and move to other methods before giving enough time. Take a sleep of eight hours, eat three healthy meals per day and drink plenty of water.