Obesity is a common problem that we found in any age group of people these days. Before starting your weight loss regime, it is important to understand that we need to set realistic goals to lose our weight. Expecting smaller time of 10 days or 15 days is too short time to achieve a dramatic weight loss.
There is a lot of discussion you will get about weight loss on the internet. There are numerous fad diets that promise rapid weight loss within a short span of time. But they are often accompanied by several health risks.
Let’s discuss here the true formula that works as per your body science.
There are several natural methods that have actually been proven to work for losing weight naturally.
Simple tips to reduce weight naturally.
Drink plenty of water:
Water is particularly good for weight loss when it replaces other beverages that are high in calories and sugar. There is actually truth to the claim that drinking water can help with weight loss.
Drinking enough water is really important for your health. Insufficient water intake could actually be impacting how much you weigh.
Sometimes, thirst can be misinterpreted as hunger pangs by your brain. So, to gauze whether you are really hungry or not, try drinking a glass of water before eating anything.
Drinking water before meals may also lead to reduced calorie intake, especially for middle-aged and older people.
- Take right food: Your body burns calories when digesting and metabolizing the protein you eat, so a high-protein diet can boost metabolism per day. One of the best things you can do to become healthier is to base your diet on whole, single-ingredient foods.
Dieting is one of those things that almost always fail in the long term. In fact, people who “diet” tends to gain more weight over time. Instead of focusing only on losing weight, make it a primary goal to nourish your body with healthy food and nutrients.
By doing this, you eliminate the vast majority of added sugar, added fat and processed food.
- Whole grains: Most whole foods are naturally very filling, making it a lot easier to keep within healthy calorie limits.
Furthermore, eating whole foods also provides your body with the many essential nutrients that it needs to function properly.
It is advisable to go for a healthy weight loss regime. Consume multigrain bread and wheat pasta instead of white ones.
- Include more Fiber: Include leafy green vegetables like spinach, broccoli, and lettuce, cabbage etc. High fiber fruits like apples, bananas, pears and oranges. Fruits and vegetables are extremely healthy, weight-loss-friendly foods.
In addition to being high in water, nutrients and fiber, they usually have very low energy density. This makes it possible to eat large servings without consuming too many calories. Fiber-rich foods may help with weight loss.
Foods that contain water-soluble fiber may be especially helpful, since this type of fiber can help increase the feeling of fullness.
Fiber may delay stomach emptying, make the stomach expand and promote the release of satiety hormones.
Ultimately, this makes us eat less naturally, without having to think about it.
Furthermore, many types of fiber can feed the friendly gut bacteria. Healthy gut bacteria have been linked with a reduced risk of obesity. Just make sure to increase your fiber intake gradually to avoid abdominal discomfort, such as bloating, cramps and diarrhea.
- Low fat dairy products and milk substitutes like soy milk or rice milk.
As far as possible, avoid consuming carbs that are white except after a work-out as they can cause weight gain. Such foods include rice, bread, cereal, potatoes, pasta and fried food. This is another simple tip on how to lose weight in 1 month you need to include. Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
- Add Eggs to Your Diet
Eggs are the ultimate weight loss food. They are cheap, low in calories, high in protein and loaded with all sorts of nutrients.
High-protein foods have been shown to reduce appetite and increase fullness, compared to foods that contain less protein.
Furthermore, eating eggs for breakfast may cause up to 65% greater weight loss over 8 weeks, compared to eating bagels for breakfast. It may also help you eat fewer calories throughout the rest of the day.
- Use Whey Protein
Most people get enough protein from diet alone. However, for those who don’t, taking a whey protein supplement is an effective way to boost protein intake.
One study shows that replacing part of your calories with whey protein can cause significant weight loss, while also increasing lean muscle mass.
Just make sure to read the ingredients list, because some varieties are loaded with added sugar and other unhealthy additives.
- Be careful while eating
Be aware to make conscious food choices and develop awareness of your hunger and satiety cues. It then helps you eat healthy in response to those cues.
Mindful eating has been shown to have significant effects on weight, eating behavior and stress in obese individuals. It is especially helpful against binge eating and emotional eating.
By making conscious food choices, increasing your awareness and listening to your body, weight loss should follow naturally and easily
- Limit Your Intake of Refined Carbs
Refined carbs are carbs that have had most of their beneficial nutrients and fiber removed.
The refining process leaves nothing but easily .digested carbs, which can increase the risk of overeating and disease.
The main dietary sources of refined carbs are white flour, white bread, white rice, sodas, pastries, snacks, sweets, pasta, breakfast cereals and added sugar.
- Stock Up on Healthy Foods and Snacks: Studies have shown that the food you keep at home greatly affects weight and eating behavior By always having healthy food available, you reduce the chances of you or other family members eating unhealthy.There are also many healthy and natural snacks that are easy to prepare and take with you on the go.These include yogurt, whole fruit, nuts, carrots and hard-boiled eggs.
- Take meals in smaller proportions: You can eat smaller portions on your plate and replace high calorie foods like sweets and fries with fresh fruits, vegetables and salads. Incorporate a diet rich in whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins to naturally cut down on calories. Avoid sugary drinks and sodas to further trim your caloric intake. However, do not go below 1200 calories in a day as this will cause a drastic drop in your energy as well as nutritional deficiencies. In fact, most of them indulge in dieting even to the point of starvation and end up depriving their bodies of vital nutrients. It is the combination of these two factors that helps you to achieve your ideal weight.
Smaller plates: Some studies have shown that using smaller plates helps you eat less, because it changes how you see portion sizes. People seem to fill their plates the same, regardless of plate size, so they end up putting more food on larger plates than smaller ones.
Using smaller plates reduces how much food you eat, while giving you the perception of having eaten more.
v Eat More Slowly
If you eat too fast, you may eat way too many calories before your body even realizes that you are full.
Faster eaters are much more likely to become obese, compared to those who eat more slowly.
Chewing more slowly may help you eat fewer calories and increase the production of hormones that are linked to weight loss.
Numerous studies have shown that people who eat more fruits and vegetables tend to weigh less.
- Exercise: Even if you don’t end up working out a lot, a little exercise is better than no exercise. Regular exercise helps burn calories and boosts your metabolism. It also helps in maintaining your muscle mass, and since muscles need more calories than fat, you end up burning a substantial amount of calories every day.
- Doing cardio — whether it is jogging, running, cycling, power walking or hiking — is a great way to burn calories and improve both mental and physical health. Cardio has been shown to improve many risk factors for heart disease. It can also help reduce body weight. Cardio seems to be particularly effective at reducing the dangerous belly fat that builds up around your organs and causes metabolic disease.
- Resistance Exercises Loss of muscle mass is a common side effect of dieting. If you lose a lot of muscle, your body will start burning fewer calories than before. By lifting weights regularly, you’ll be able to prevent this loss in muscle mass .As an added benefit, you’ll also look and feel much better.
- Walking: When we talk about exercise, it does not mean that you have to indulge in intensive workouts at the gym. Even a brisk walk is a good exercise that can help you lose 10 pounds in one month. On an average, a person weighing 150 pounds can lose around 600 calories with an hour of walking. Hence, to achieve your target weight loss of 2 pounds per week, you need to walk for 2 hours each day. The best part is you can break up your exercise into smaller sections if you cannot devote 2 hours at a stretch. You can perform a 120 minute chunk exercise by splitting it into 30 minutes blocks.
Intermittent fasting is an eating pattern that cycles between periods of fasting and eating.
There are a few different ways to do intermittent fasting, including the 5:2 diet, the 16:8 method and the eat-stop-eat method.
Generally, these methods make you eat fewer calories overall, without having to consciously restrict calories during the eating periods. This should lead to weight loss, as well as numerous other health benefits.
Try a Low-Carb Diet. Many studies have shown that low-carb diets are very effective for weight loss.
Limiting carbs and eating more fat and protein reduces your appetite and helps you eat fewer calories.
This can result in weight loss that is up to 3 times greater than that from a standard low-fat diet.
A low-carb diet can also improve many risk factors for disease.
v Get Enough Sleep
Getting enough sleep is incredibly important for weight loss, as well as to prevent future weight gain.
Studies have shown that sleep-deprived people are up to 55% more likely to become obese, compared to those who get enough sleep. This number is even higher for children.
This is partly because sleep deprivation disrupts the daily fluctuations in appetite hormones, leading to poor appetite regulation.
v Brush Your Teeth after Meals
Many people brush or floss their teeth after eating, it is not only helpful in keeping your teeth healthy but also may help limit the desire to snack or eat between meals.
This is because many people do not feel like eating after brushing their teeth. Plus, it can make food taste bad.
Therefore, if you brush or use mouthwash after eating, you may be less tempted to grab an unnecessary snack.
Causes of Obesity
- Food Addiction: Food addiction involves overpowering cravings and changes in your brain chemistry that make it harder to resist eating certain foods.
This is a major cause of overeating for many people, and affects a significant percentage of the population. In fact, a recent 2014 study found that almost 20% of people fulfilled the criteria for food addiction.
Some foods are much more likely to cause symptoms of addiction than others. This includes highly processed junk foods that are high in sugar, fat or both.
The best way to beat food addiction is to seek help.
- Liquid calories: Minimizing your intake of added sugar is a great way to improve your diet. Liquid calories come from beverages like sugary soft drinks, fruit juices, chocolate milk and energy drinks.These drinks are bad for health in several ways, including an increased risk of obesity. One study showed a drastic 60% increase in the risk of obesity among children, for each daily serving of a sugar-sweetened beverage.It’s also important to note that your brain does not register liquid calories the same way it does solid calories, so you end up adding these calories on top of everything else that you eat. Intake of Added Sugar: Eating a lot of added sugar is linked with some of the world’s leading diseases, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes and cancer. Added sugar is usually hidden in various processed foods, so you may be consuming a lot of sugar without even realizing it. .Since sugar goes by many names in ingredient lists, it can be very difficult to figure out how much sugar a product actually contains.
Drink (Unsweetened) Coffee: People are now aware that coffee is a healthy beverage that is loaded with antioxidants and other beneficial compounds.Coffee drinking may support weight loss by increasing energy levels and the amount of calories you burn. Caffeinated coffee may boost your metabolism by 3–11% and reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes by a whopping 23–50%. Furthermore, black coffee is very weight loss friendly, since it can make you feel full but contains almost no calories. Its exceptional ability to absorb water is believed to be what makes it so effective for weight loss. One capsule is able to turn an entire glass of water into gel.
Drink (Unsweetened) Green Tea: Green tea is a natural beverage that is loaded with antioxidants. Drinking green tea is linked with many benefits, such a increased fat burning and weight loss. Green tea may increase energy expenditure by 4% and increase selective fat burning by up to 17%, especially harmful belly fat.
- Processed foods: Make careful choices about what you’re eating. It is very helpful when trying to lose weight. There are several effective ways to do this, including counting calories, keeping a food diary or taking pictures of what you eat. Nowadays there are various mobile apps or another electronic tool which are even more beneficial than writing in a food diary. Avoid Unhealthy and Processed Foods:
You can indulge once in a while but if you want to lose a significant amount of weight in a month, it is advisable to stay away from the following unhealthy food items given below:
Sodas, Potato chips, Candies, White pasta, rice and bread, foods having processed sugar or high fructose corn syrup, energy drinks and creamy or sugary coffee
Focus on Changing Your Lifestyle
Food provides nutrition and happiness, so eat healthy — not just to lose weight.
Losing weight is a simple challenge, if some small efforts are repeated, you will thank yourself.
To say the least, weight loss cannot be achieved overnight. It is a gradual process that requires effort and dedication on your part. Most of us have this misconception that by dieting rigorously, we can achieve weight loss. But the fact is, weight loss depends upon a healthy lifestyle that incorporates a balanced diet and regular exercise.